SUMMARY: The Director of Clinical Data Sciences is a strategic data management and clinical development senior leadership position. We are seeking an individual with experience scaling complex data-driven organizations and building compelling data analytics frameworks to drive business growth. The position will support and grow key client relationships.
- 5+ years of experience working with clinical trial data for FDA regulated clinical trials.
- 10+ years of experience leading and managing technical teams.
- Skills in state-of-the art in data mining.
- Passion for building world-class data platforms that support a global customer base.
- Passion for using data to drive efficiencies and improve decision quality.
- Assertive, take-charge, proven manager, team player with a strong results orientation, positive “can do” attitude, and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Proven execution skills and ability to successfully execute against strategy in cooperation with other functions.
- Ability to apply both technical competence and interpersonal skills to achieve business outcomes.
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Work closely with project delivery and clinical staff to implement strategies to improve the quality of deliverables and to drive industry leading knowledge base.
- Lead and manage a team of 24 professionals comprising data management, programming and biostatistics staff
- Achieve and maintain performance to defined operations KPIs (utilization, project deliver timelines, budget targets)
- Monthly reporting to senior management on department performance
- Develop and implement the data sciences strategy, including operating framework, standards and best practices and revenue model
- Work with data sciences experts across the organization, taking advantage of existing tools and processes
- As needed, support business development activities.
- Critical thinking: Problem solve at a strategic level, working with others to reach a resolution.
- Accurately plan to achieve timely results.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct supervision of the data science teams (including data management and biometric staff).
- Lead team to ensure goals and objectives are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for obtaining desired results from all personnel.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed by all staff.
- Implement training and performance action plans as well as handle personnel issues including discipline.
- MS in statistics, data sciences or related field. Business training a plus.
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.freshstartcareersusa.com/apply →