Fresh Start Careers, LLC are seeking an experienced construction project manager to lead project operations for a Philadelphia region specialty subcontractor company based in Norristown, PA. Our client provides finish services for major new construction under the general contracting umbrella, and is a critical supplier / installer of energy efficient design items. The Project Manager is the company’s link to its A/E/C savvy clients. The Project Manager oversees multiple projects across the region providing prompt, professional construction management solutions for top tier GCs, architecture firms and engineers. He or she shall demonstrate the ability to adapt to management software and technologies, the ability to learn the company’s technical products, impeccable communication skills, and the project management wherewithal to interface with the most prominent construction clients in the tri-state area.
PROJECT MANAGER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead project operations on multiple projects prioritizing work.
- Dig in and troubleshoot construction and design challenges professionally.
- Total operational management responsibility of company’s contracted scope of work.
- Review, negotiate and approve project contracts.
- Establish and keep accurate project files within the company filing system and project management software.
- Champion project communications with customer.
- All project scheduling: critical path scheduling of resources, labor and materials
- Communicate with company leadership re: customer relationships, project status, the allocation of resources, conflict resolution, change order opportunity, and project successes.
- Full P/L and project cash flow responsibility for the projects inclusive of billings and change orders as required.
- Customer operational relationship and expectation management.
- Field site visits and project meeting attendance as required.
- Finds solutions and is a resourceful asset to clients as they design and build projects
- Gains complete understanding of plan details and specifications of the project assigned
- Manages suppliers and subcontractors to ensure safety, profit, schedule, and customer satisfaction.
- Fosters regular accurate communication of project status to the Project Executive and all project stakeholders.
- Encourages and promotes teamwork.
- Identifies potential and actual work delays and develops/implements recovery plan; delivers project on schedule.
Candidate shall be/have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Construction Management or related field preferred (continuing education in construction highly desirable)
- 3-5 years of general construction or specialty contracting experience
- Excellent computer skills
- PDF writer software (i.e. Bluebeam)
- Skilled in project documentation software
- Valid driver’s license required
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume.
Drug testing and background checks will be conducted with consent as part of the candidate review process.
Client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status, nor will they be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employee benefits: Competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience and abilities
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Carrie Davis, Fresh Start Careers
Send resume to: Carrie.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.freshstartcareersusa.com/apply →