Fresh Start Careers, LLC are seeking a project superintendent for a full-service, design/build construction management company at the helm of distinguished technology and pharmaceutical construction in the Salt Lake City region. The superintendent is the company’s project site representative with the responsibility and authority for daily coordination and direction of the project so that it is safe, within budget, on schedule, in accordance with quality standards, and meets the customer’s satisfaction. The superintendent develops a plan to construct the project and ensure that the daily and weekly activities are consistent with this plan in a safe and professional manner. The superintendent’s focus is toward day-to-day and week-to-week activities coordinating with schedule updates, project management issues, production, and reporting. Position is project-site-based out of Salt Lake City, UT branch office.
Project Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Maintains overall responsibility for subcontractor site operations, safety, means, methods, progress, quality, schedule progress and tracking, job coordination, manpower accommodations, etc. to ensure steady work progress.
- Ensure coordination of trades
- Ensure sub tool box talks are in place
- Facilitate and ensure site safety training
- Tracks, maintains, directs all lift plan operations
- Daily Job Planning and Safety Analysis
- Administration of hot work permit process
- Recording of daily log of work and crews on site
- Progress photos
- Logging of work progress on drawings
- Lead/direct assistant staff members
- Attend and participate in sub PM meetings
- Lead and document foreman meetings
- Maintain daily logs, JPSAs, safety records and other project field documentation
- Attend and participate in weekly scheduled owner meetings
- Provide and maintain field sketches, RFIs, transmittals, project logs, as built documents, and drawing issues
- Ensure site logistics are adhered to
- Maintain schedule as a high priority and push all efforts in field to meet or beat the schedule
- Maintain site files and documents
- Ensure as-builts are being properly recorded
- Ensure lay-out work by trades is proper and in conformance with the project documents
- Manage project risk by ensuring proper means and methods are being instituted on the project
- Resolve field coordination issues
- Responsible for coordinating programming with site plant personnel
- Maintain relationship with site plant personnel
- Manage field issues and RFI type matters to ensure the timely completion of the work
- Verify work is installed per design and approved submittals
- Assist with development of punch list and oversee subcontractor completion of punch list activities.
- Execute other tasks as may be required to complete the project.
Project Superintendent Qualifications:
- 5+ years as an assistant superintendent or field project engineer level or equivalent field experience and degree or educational training
- 6-10 yrs commercial construction supervisory experience
- Pharmaceutical / tech / data center projects a plus
- Works electronically (iPad / tablet experience)
- OSHA 30
- Skilled in project documentation software (i.e. Prolog)
- Valid driver’s license required
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume.
Drug testing and background checks will be conducted with consent as part of the candidate review process.
Client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status, nor will they be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employee benefits: Competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience and abilities
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Contact: Carrie Davis, Fresh Start Careers
Send resume to: Carrie.email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.freshstartcareersusa.com/apply →