Fresh Start Careers, LLC are seeking a safety superintendent for an award-winning mid-Atlantic construction firm with full-service CM / GC / design-build capabilities. Company is a 2017 “Top Places to Work” and is based in Delaware. The superintendent will oversee safety field operations and performance requirements. Position is based out of New Jersey branch office on a New Brunswick pharmaceutical campus to start.
Safety Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Manage projects on-site in accordance with directives provided by the project manager
- Managing the JHA/JHS process for company and all subcontractors onsite
- Interfacing with owner and owner’s safety representatives
- Administering Safety training and routine safety talks
- Pulling permits and overseeing subcontractor permit process as required
- Ensuring that adequate subcontractor manpower is on site to support the project
- Communicating with Subcontractors, Project Manager, Design Professionals and Owner to proactively identify schedule obstacles and resolve those obstacles before they affect the project
- Drafting site management plan (laydown, housekeeping, etc.) and enforce plan
- Ensuring proper housekeeping at minimal cost to company or Owner
- Participating in safety audits per Operations Group goals
- Ensuring shutdown plans, lift plans, etc. are utilized per company guidelines
- Inspecting work installation for adherence to plans and specifications
- Develop a positive relationship with customers that are consistent with project objectives and directives.
- Fulfill daily project related tasks thoroughly and efficiently
- Identify and resolve all potential problems and/or discrepancies contained in the contract documents
- Responsible for field coordination not only between trades but including owner or owner resources.
Safety Superintendent Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a commercial construction Safety Superintendent
- OSHA 30 (a minimum)
- Continuing safety education, credits, certifications, training
- Able to coordinate all CSI Divisions and trade contractors very well
- Adept at pre-planning, sequencing, site logistics, and pushing schedule
- Hospital, Pharmaceutical, and LEED experience a plus
- New Jersey state safety construction experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume.
Drug testing and background checks will be conducted with consent as part of the candidate review process.
Client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status, nor will they be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employee benefits: Competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience and abilities
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.freshstartcareersusa.com/apply →