Fresh Start Careers, LLC are seeking a superintendent for an award-winning mid-Atlantic construction firm with full-service CM / GC / design-build capabilities. Company is a 2017 “Top Places to Work” and is based in Delaware. The superintendent will oversee field operations and ensure that multiple construction projects are successfully completed on time and meet the established budget, schedule safety and performance requirements. Position is based out of Wilmington, DE office.
- Manage projects on-site in accordance with directives provided by the project manager
- To ensure that schedule, cost, safety, and quality objectives are met by: meeting or exceeding project schedule
- Ensuring that adequate subcontractor manpower is on site to support the project
- Communicating with Subcontractors, Project Manager, Design Professionals and Owner to proactively identify schedule obstacles and resolve those obstacles before they affect the project
- Effectively managing field general conditions (dumpsters, small tools, etc.)
- Accurately documenting all T&M ticket work on a daily basis and effectively communicate with PM to promptly issue change orders or resolve contract disputes
- Drafting site management plan (laydown, housekeeping, etc.) and enforce plan
- Ensuring proper housekeeping at minimal cost to company or Owner
- Participating in safety audits per Operations Group goals
- Ensuring shutdown plans, lift plans, etc. are utilized per company guidelines
- Inspecting work installation for adherence to plans and specifications
- Understanding status of submittals
- Using Prolog RFI’s (Request for information) as necessary to clarify constructability issues
- Develop a positive relationship with customers that are consistent with project objectives and directives.
- Participate in monthly invoice approval process for subcontractors
- Fulfill daily project related tasks thoroughly and efficiently
- Identify and resolve all potential problems and/or discrepancies contained in the contract documents
- Responsible for field coordination not only between trades but including owner or owner resources.
- Responsible for insuring the accuracy of surveys and layout.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a commercial GC/CM Superintendent
- Must provide top level risk management – all areas
- Able to coordinate all CSI Divisions and trade contractors very well
- Adept at pre-planning, sequencing, site logistics, and pushing schedule
- Hospital, Pharmaceutical, and LEED experience a plus
- Lump Sum experience a plus
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume.
Drug testing and background checks will be conducted with consent as part of the candidate review process.
Client is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status, nor will they be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employee benefits: Competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience and abilities
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.freshstartcareersusa.com/apply →